Thursday, May 29, 2008

More altered stuff...



I recently taught another Trash to Treasure course, still using a recycled Pringles can but also adding a recycled baby formula can. The formula can, given to me by a good friend, actually looks alot like a paint can when completed and is certainly much cheaper than buying ones that are available on the crafting market. You'll recognize the K&Company paper, which I also used on the altered biscuit tin (getting my money's worth out of this paper!). I thought I'd do something with a fun 4th of July theme and realized that my German sparklers are the perfect size to fit into the Pringles can. What a fun party favor that would make! Both projects used SU! stamps; Friendly Flowers from the current mini catalog on the formula can and All About U on the Pringles can. Prima flowers, Oriental Trading rhinestone brads, retired SU! wire, Fiskars and Marvy Uchida punches, SU! ribbon and metallic brads are among the embellishments. I also did a fun twist for the top of the Pringles can, using strips of curled designer paper. I realize I've posted alot of altered projects lately and come to realize that there's something especially gratuitous about creating beautiful gifts affordably. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay Andrea, I miss a class and you come up with something just darling. I love that formula can and it's too large to use one single piece of card stock I love have you patch worked it. I must make this can since I gave you both the stamp set and the can! I knew only you could make that stamp set work.

Number of cows visiting my pasture...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails