Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Gasp! I'm actually posting!

I'm sorry the pictures are a tad fuzzy but I still haven't worked out good lighting for taking photos in my house at night. I know those of you reading this are in a state of shock since it has been quite some time since my last posting. You'll be sick of me after this because I have several posts to make! The photos are a sampling of the projects I actually completed today!! My sweet hubby threw a surprise birthday party for me early in the month and I've been needing to make a batch of thank you cards to send to all the generous folks who gave me gifts and my card box was empty...wahhh! This first card is one I designed for my friend Marilyn's Stampin' Up! show a few months ago and I've had the extra pieces laying around, begging me to put them together, thus giving me a head start in getting my cards together. I managed to crank out 15 of these today!

The rest of the cards came together in part because another good friend of mine, Tasha, has been after me to organize my scrap box. I hate to throw paper scraps away as I invariably try to use my paper as frugally as possible. Tasha has enjoyed teasing me about my bottomless scrap bin so I finally buckled down and tackled organizing all the pieces. With Joe's help, I sorted the whole box in one night and realized how many scrap pieces I have that matched the first card so I designed smaller cards to use up the smaller pieces. The smaller cards are perfect for jotting a quick note or tucking in with a small gift. Not bad for a day's worth of work, eh? On to the next posting :)










Supplies: SU! Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Whisper White, and Very Vanilla cardstock and ink, Scallop and circle punches, paper piercer, silver brads, SU! Stitched background stamp, SU! Priceless stamp set, SU! retired Blue Bayou stitched ribbon

1 comment:

Angela said...

Love how you have the scallop on the front of the card and on the inside!

Number of cows visiting my pasture...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails