Thursday, June 25, 2009

Belgium and stuff

I can't believe how long it has been since I posted something on my blog! The end of May and first two weeks of June had me tearing my hair out trying to keep up with all the end-of-the-school-year hoopla and fighting to keep my sanity. I managed to survive all of that just to have a fresh bout of busy-ness ensue and now I'm brain-dead, trying to remember everything I've done in the past few weeks. Oy! I'll start with what's freshest in my mind, which is our five day trip to Belgium last week. Woot, woot! We had a wonderful time getting away from it all and exploring the sights, sounds and yummy tastes of Belgium. I'm not big on Belgian pralines as the filling usually contains ground hazelnuts but the sampling I had of Belgian chocolates during our stay made me glad I don't live there since I'd be 500 pounds. My favorite was a milk chocolate truffle filled with fleur-de-sel creme caramel. I definitely did the happy dance after eating this delightful morsel! Anyhoo, I'm not quite ready to post the bajillion photos I took on our trip so I thought I'd put a teaser out there for my crafting crowd and show off the goodies I picked up at a flea market outside of St. Jakob's Kerk in Ghent. Buttons, cotton cording, and fabric tags were fun to pick up at a stand selling notions but my favorite vendor had nothing but vintage brochures, books, paper, letters, and postcards. I'm always delighted to scrounge through paper! The postcards I purchased are perfect for some of the scrapbook layouts I'm planning for previous trips to Rome, Paris, and now Belgium. Alright, I'm getting long-winded about the craft supplies so I'll end here but keep a lookout for more pics of our trip in the coming week.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Love the goodies! Hope you find some time to post your trip photos. We are getting ready to move to CO, so I'll just have to live the rest of my European Vacation through you! LOL

Hugs!

Angi

Number of cows visiting my pasture...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails