Thursday, September 4, 2008

Altered Mini Notebooks

I finished these altered mini notebooks yesterday as a small gift for my club members and I'm rather pleased with how well they turned out. This project was inspired by a tutorial I viewed on Angie Kennedy Juda's blog, Chic'n Scratch. I've put the link to her site in the resource bar to the right of my blog for your viewing enjoyment. She has some terrific projects on there and the tutorials are fantastic! I made a template for the covers by tearing out a sheet of the notepaper, cutting a piece of cardstock the same size as the cover and then overlaying the notepaper on top of the cardstock and using my Crop-a-Dile to punch the holes. To fit the paper on top of the cover I cut tiny slits at the top of each hole and fit it around the spiral wire, then adhered the cardstock or designer paper to the cover. I kept the cover design simple and was able to crank these out pretty quickly.

Supplies: Ginger Blossom and Bella Rose Designer paper, SU! Riding Hood Red, Groovy Guava, Real Red, and Old Olive Classic ink and cardstock, scallop and circle punches, Groovy Guava double stitched ribbon, Certainly Celery twill tape, and Pink Hedgehog Papercrafts red/white stripe ribbon,Papertrey Ink Trajan Monogram and Boxes, Bags, and Tags clear stamps, and generic memo notepads.

2 comments:

loveanjel4! said...

And I am one of the lucky ones that recieved one of these! Thank you so much! So pretty!!

Anonymous said...

I got one two and everyone just raves about how cute they are.

Number of cows visiting my pasture...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails