Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dahlia Fold Card


My photography skills aren't the greatest but isn't this card gorgeous? The colors are bold, bright, and daring; all my favorite characteristics! I cased the idea for this card from Splitcoaststampers, one of my favorite websites, and fell in love with this technique. The dahlia flower is created using eight 1 3/8" circles that are folded and pieced together. Here's the link to view the original card and the folding instructions: http://elainescreations.blogspot.com/2008/03/dahlia-fold-card.html I'm not savvy enough with my blog yet to put in links without having to show the whole thing so just bear with me! The card colors feature Purely Pomegranate, Tempting Turquoise and Groovy Guava cardstock and the new Bali Breeze Designer Papers. The background stamp is from the Priceless set and the sentiment is from Wonderful Words. Everything is SU! except the rhinestone sparkle in the center of the flower, which is from Close To My Heart. It takes a bit of work to fold all the circles but the finished product is worth it. Have fun!

No comments:

Number of cows visiting my pasture...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails