Sunday, March 15, 2009

Big Shot Projects Part Two

As promised, here is part two of my recent escapades using the Big Shot. (Gasp! I know you're all in shock that I've actually remembered to blog the second part. I'm getting better little by little) Here's the horrible part: I can't remember the blog where I found the inspiration for this project! Once I find it, I'll edit the blog to include the proper credit for this project but in the meantime I thank the currently nameless person who designed this adorable box.

Part two also utilizes the Top Note Bigz Die, with two dies cut for the lid and the base. The size is such that you can create four of the same template from one standard 8 1/2 x 11" sheet of cardstock=two lids/bases for two boxes.

Here is a side view of the box, where you can see the lid lifting up. The lid is attached, similar to that of a pizza box or those gift boxes of Lifesavers you can buy during the holidays. The design can be shifted so that the box is in the portrait position as well. The free Sale-A-Bration set "Yummy" stamps perfectly within the design of the cut piece. Another marketing ploy by SU! that sucked me in!


Here's the open view, with some custom made crinkle confetti and an owl keychain I purchased for one of my stamp clubbers who loves owls. This is a terrific box for a gift card, homemade bar of soap, jewelry, or any small item.
As soon as I get past my Alzheimer's moment and remember the site where I found this idea, I'll be sure I add it as it has great step-by-step instructions on how to make this box. I have an exciting stamp set giveaway this week so be sure to log in to my blog later this week for how to win the set. Tschuss!
Supplies: SU! Certainly Celery Classic Ink, SU! Certainly Celery, textured Bashful Blue, and Kraft cardstock, SU! Delicate Dots DSP (SAB), SU! Yummy stamp set (SAB), SU! So Saffron grosgrain ribbon (SAB), Sizzix Top Note Bigz die, Big Shot die cut machine, Scor-Pal, cotton twine (Listmann's-Germany), K&Company adhesive pearls (impressrubberstamps.com), Scor-tape,

1 comment:

loveanjel4! said...

Adorable as always!!! Thanks for sharing and remembering to blog!

Number of cows visiting my pasture...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails