Monday, March 30, 2009

Gate Fold Card

I finally got out my new light tent and started playing with it...can you see the difference in my photos already? I have no clue what I'm doing with the tent or my new camera but I figure I'm staving off Alzheimer's by teaching myself how to use this stuff! Ha! This is a simple card I designed for the German ladies at my church using the gate fold. Felicia Escalante, one of the SU! demos in Ramstein, taught our demo group how to do this simple card fold but I never went back and played with the design. What an easy way to make cards!

Aren't these flowers perfect with the American Crafts designer paper? I picked up the felt flowers at Globus, a local store similar to Target. Germans have interesting and fun decorations for various holidays and these flowers were part of their current Easter/spring decorations available. I paid 1.99 euros for 30 flowers, which isn't a bad price. I used a pop-up glue dot to ensure that the flower is stuck to my card for good! Here's a basic how-to:


1. Cut cardstock 4" x 8"

2. Score the 8" length at 2" and 6" (the Scor-Pal makes this quick and easy)

3. Using your Scor-tool or bone folder, fold the card in at the two scores, making a folded 4" x 4" card.

4. Decorate and embellish!


Size Variations: 3"x6" card-Cut 6"x6" cardstock and score at 1 1/2" and 4 1/2"


No comments:

Number of cows visiting my pasture...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails