Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Beautiful Card

Last week I was fortunate enough to be invited to a stamping event hosted for Polly Raffetto, a wonderfully talented demonstrator who moved back to the States last year, and who was here on a brief visit. Of course we couldn't get together without creating something! Phyllis Jachowski, another local SU! demo, shared with us a new technique of inking the Big Shot Texturz embossing plates before running our cardstock through the Big Shot to create a beautiful inked and embossed design. I wasn't able to stay and complete the project in its entirety but Phyllis had provided each of us with a piece of stamped mulberry paper and the beautiful embossed floral image which enabled me to finish the project at home. What's funny is that when I went to complete my version of the card at home, I forgot to ink my Texturz plate before I finished the card!
Here's a close-up of the dry embossed accent (the Perfect Plum strip behind the ribbon) as well as the heat embossed image that Phyllis created for each of us. I used sponge daubers and Classic ink to color in the image and trim it before mounting it on the card. I'm not big into watercoloring or having to spend alot of time filling color in with markers so I was glad that Phyllis' project pushed me outside of my comfort zone to do something different. Thanks for checking out my latest card!
Supplies: SU! Sage Shadow and Perfect Plum Classic Ink, SU! Sage Shadow, Perfect Plum, and Shimmer White cardstock, mulberry paper, SU! En Francais and Great Friend stamp sets, SU! Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware, Big Shot Texturz Plate, vanilla organza ribbon/dark purple satin ribbon (Frank Korbwarenfabrik, Dahn), paper piercer, adhesive


No comments:

Number of cows visiting my pasture...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails