Thursday, May 28, 2009

Father's Day Pull Out Card

A stunning event has occurred in my house: I've actually got my Father's Day cards made a MONTH in advance! Shocking, I know. This nifty card idea was given to me by Beate Schupp, the German SU! demo who helped me host a workshop two months ago. If you haven't visited her blog, it is well worth the time to scroll through and check out her projects.

Isn't this a fun design? With two pull out panels, one side features a photo of my husband as a kid with his dad and the other side will have a note to my father-in-law. I love the fact that you recycle the plastic packaging around the SU! cardstock to make the movable band on the inside. With the economy in its current state, many crafters are learning to make do with what they have to create projects cheaply and this card doubles as an inexpensive "mini album". Click here for a link to a tutorial on how to complete this card from start to finish. Happy crafting!

Supplies: SU! Frohliche Feiertage, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, and Print Pattern (retired) stamp sets, SU! Close to Cocoa, Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, and Old Olive cardstock and Classic ink, plastic packaging from cardstock pack, Scor-Pal, SU! library clips, dimensionals, SU! 1 3/8" circle and 1 1/2" square punches, Crop-A-Dile, bronze eyelets, 1/4" Scor-Tape, paper piercing tool and mat, adhesive

No comments:

Number of cows visiting my pasture...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails